It’s increasingly hard for promotional products to justify their place in marketing today when all that people want is the latest iPhone or anything remotely related to Apple. So when a business really wants to leave something of value behind to a customer, what are the things they should look for in a promotional product?
Other marketers may have their own criteria when picking promotional products, but for us we will be looking for:
- Relevance – the promotional product must express the values of the brand or business
- Value – it must be something that the customer will use and not chuck out
- Strong recall – it must aid in reminding the customer of the brand or business. If there is a memorable marketing slogan to accompany the product, that would then make it more effective
- High visibility – it must be used by the customer in such a way that it has great visibility and impact to others and become a talking point through word of mouth
- Longevity – the promotional product can be used for a long time and not become outdated
That is why when we came across a miniature candy dispenser, we knew we’ve got our own promotional product.